- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
A new Xiaomi smartphone has been spotted in a poster image. Dubbed 5X, the device – the leak reveals – is powered by Snapdragon 625 SoC and sports a 5.5-inch display. Display resolution should be Full HD, while RAM is 4GB.
The poster also reveals a dual rear-camera setup and CNY 1,999 price tag for the handset, which currently translates into around $295. Following is the same poster but from a different angle:
Xiaomi is currently rumored to launch a new sub-brand this month. Reportedly, the sub-brand is being created with strong focus on offline sales. An image of what’s said to be the first phone under the upcoming sub-brand has already leaked (see below).
A quick comparison reveals that the units shown in both leaks have similar design, leading us to believe that the 5X could well be the first smartphone under the upcoming Xiaomi sub-brand.
Reports say there’ll also be a higher-end version of the Xiaomi 5X that will be powered by Snapdragon 660 chipset and pack in 6GB RAM. It’ll have a 12MP dual rear-camera setup and a 16MP front shooter. The 5X will run Android 7.1.1 (MIUI 9), and is rumored to be made official on July 26.
You must log in to post a comment.