- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
We reported that Apple bought 70 million OLED displays for the iPhone 8, also dubbed as ‘the anniversary iPhone.’ Today some rumors slightly lift the veil how much the device employing them would cost – the 64GB version might start at $850, and the 256 GB model could go for $1000.
Designer’s concept of iPhone 8
Current rumors say the next iPhone will have a 5.8” screen and Apple will get rid of the home screen button for ‘Function Area,’ probably similar to the Touch Bar on MacBooks. Such feature can happen only with OLED displays produced by Samsung Display, but at cost. UBS analyst Steven Milunovich believes the base model might be priced higher than predecessors.
If the 256 GB version indeed sells for $1000 in the US, it will be the first Apple phone with a four-digit price tag there. Milunovich since he predicted pretty accurately prices of the iPhone 7 the same time last year.
You must log in to post a comment.