- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
NBA Playgrounds is a new arcade basketball game from developer Saber Interactive that throws out the rulebook of ordinary basketball play in favor of tons of sweet, sweet dunks in the spiritual style of over-the-top basketball games of eras past like NBA Jam and NBA Street.
Playgrounds will offer a mixture of modern-day and former NBA stars; both local and online multiplayer; and, perhaps most importantly, “hundreds of over-the-top dunks and moves.” (Although there is no confirmation yet if the ball can burst into flames after incredible plays like in NBA Jam.)
It’s hard to tell how Playgrounds will actually play from this brief teaser, especially with the minimal amount of gameplay on display. But on the other hand, how many games let you have a DreamWorks-esque cartoon of Allen Iverson brutally smash Steph Curry into the ground while throwing down a slo-mo dunk from 30 feet in the air?
NBA Playgrounds will cost $19.99 when it releases in May on the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
You must log in to post a comment.