- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
Facebook has just updated its messaging app. Starting today, Messenger will sort your conversations in tabs instead of having them in a confusing list.
At the top of the homescreen, there is a tab called Messages where all one-to-one conversations are listed. The second tab is called Active and you can see if someone is online or when they were last online on Messenger, while the third tab is called Groups – this is the place for all the group chats.
On the bottom of the app you will find tabs for the homescreen and calls, positioned left from the camera shutter for Stories. Searching for people and playing games is on the opposite side.
According to Facebook VP David Marcus, a Discover tab will appear as well. And don’t worry about missing any messages, Facebook has implemented a red dot to notify you if there is anything you’ve missed.
The update should be rolling out worldwide this week to both Android and iOS. If Messenger still feels bloated, you can always download Messenger Lite that saves data and skips on multiple useless features.
You must log in to post a comment.