- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
NBC just ordered six episodes of a new prime-time series about science and technology, Variety reports. The series, bluntly called The Awesome Show, will be hosted by Nerdist founder and Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick.
“The opportunity to develop a primetime show that celebrates science and technology was too good to pass up,” Hardwick said in a statement to Variety. “It is very important to me to make something that positively promotes these topics in order to share humanity’s triumphs, to instill hope for our future, and to inspire the next generation of young thinkers.”
While details on what the show will actually be about are scarce, Variety reports that the series will “marvel at mankind’s tremendous feats,” and feature stories about new scientific and technological innovations.
It might sound unusual for a show like this to get a slot on prime time, but Hardwick has a history of drawing eyeballs for NBC. He currently hosts the game show The Wall, which is the network’s highest-rated unscripted launch of the year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Awesome Show doesn’t yet have a premiere date scheduled.
You must log in to post a comment.