- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
August introduced a version of its door lock today called the Smart Lock Pro. Like its name suggests, it’s only available to August Pro members, which is the portion of the company that sells to security dealers and integrators who do custom home installs. Sorry, you can’t buy this lock because it’s only for sale through August’s security distribution partners.
The Smart Lock Pro is the company’s first to support the Z-Wave standard, which might seem like a small step but could be critically important to security contractors who outfit a home. August’s incorporation of the Z-Wave standard will allow security professionals to include the Smart Lock Pro when they design security-minded smart homes that can be controlled from a single app. The company has also joined the Z-Wave Alliance, an indication that the Smart Lock Pro won’t be the last August product to utilize the standard.
You must log in to post a comment.