- ticket title
- Oreo update for Huawei Mate 9 could be arriving soon
- Gionee GN5007 spotted on TENAA with 6-inch display, 5,000mAh battery
- Nokia 8 with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage officially confirmed to be coming next month
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium camera scores 83 on DxOMark
- Essential PH-1 now available from Best Buy
Alcatel unveiled its Flash phone today. It has four cameras. You know about phones with rear-facing, dual-camera systems. Even the iPhone has one. Old news. You’ve maybe even heard of dual front-facing cameras, like the one on the Oppo F3 and the LG V10. Again, old news. Well, how ‘bout this, you who have seen it all: dual rear-facing cameras and dual front-facing cameras together on the same phone. Yes, that means four total cameras. What do you think? Too much camera for one device, or just the right amount?
The rear-facing cameras both have 13-megapixel sensors. One is color while the other is monochromatic. One front-facing camera is eight megapixels, and the second is five megapixels.
We don’t have pricing or availability for the device, but we do know it runs Android Marshmallow (boo), has a 5.5-inch 1080p display, and is powered by the Helio X20 processor. Now that we’ve achieved this camera milestone, can we start working on triple-camera systems? What company will be first to get six on a phone?
You must log in to post a comment.